Saturday, October 30, 2010

Peanut #2

Yesterday we had our first doctor's appointment and ultrasound to check on baby Packer #2!! The first appointment is always an exciting and nerve racking one. Dr. G said the baby looks good and has a strong heartbeat!! Praise God!! I was exactly right on my estimated due date of June 6, 2011!!

He did see something on the ultrasound that he wasn't certain about though. At first he thought it might be a second sac, meaning there could have been twins at one point but one disappeared which is a common thing. He later decided it was something related to the umbilical cord. He said he thought it was either the baby's intestines because they form outside the body and move in as the baby gets bigger. Or he said it could be a cyst inside the umbilical cord. He said he would do a little research after we left and let us know. He called me back about 15 minutes after we left and said he found 2 possible causes of a cyst both of which were benign and didn't have any impact on the pregnancy. That was reassuring!! He wanted us to go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound so that he could have another look and to just monitor that situation. Right now we are too concerned about it because of Dr. G's reassurance but I will keep you updated on that as we find out more.


Honestly I can't really tell you what is going on in this picture...lol. Obviously the peanut shaped object is the baby but other than that I'm not sure. I think the left end is the head but I'm not positive. But maybe we will get some better pictures at our next appointment on Nov. 10th.

Thanks for the continued prayers during this pregnancy!!

Photobucket

4 comments:

KIKI said...

AWWWWW!! Peanut is so cute! :)

Rachael said...

I know you're not too worried, but ANYTHING unusual on an ultrasound is always a little scary. We'll be praying that it's nothing, that Packer Peanut #2 grows strong and healthy, and that Mamma grows strong and healthy too! We love you guys!

Diane said...

Love that new little peanut... amazing to get to see it! I'm so thankful for you Holly....you are a wonderful mother! Praying for this little one and you too.

Lauren said...

I'm so glad to know that baby Packer number two is progressing and growing! Know that you, Collin, Maddox, and baby are in my prayers. Blessings to all of you!