Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Szolnok, Hungary

So, you might be asking what in the world has happened to Holly that she hasn't blogged about her mission trip to Hungary yet?!?! I know, I'm usually so on top of keeping my blog up to date so it's a little strange that I have been home for over a week and haven't blogged about my fabulous trip yet. Well, here's the thing...I have developed an addiction. When we came home from our trip we had an entire 24 hours of travel so I decided to take that opportunity to start reading my Twilight book that I had bought several months ago but just hadn't found the time to read yet. Well, I got hooked and have been completely consumed with finding out what happens to Bella, Edward and Jacob. Lame I know. But like I said...I'm addicted. I have however, pulled myself away from vampires and werewolves for long enough to share the details of my wonderful trip to the other side of the world!!


We were gone for 10 days total and had an amazing time being with our hungarian brothers and sisters. We were able to attend church twice while we were there and spent Monday-Friday hosting an English Bible Camp for 150 Hungarian children from ages 8-18. It was so much fun getting to know the kids!! I was a counselor for the oldest group of kids. The picture above is of my group!! We also had a day that we got to go to Budapest to see the city and shop!! It was so hot there but we had so much fun and it is a beautiful city!!! I had so much fun getting to know some better of the people from our church that came too. I will say that I missed Collin and Maddox like crazy and was so happy to be home to see them!!! I had an amazing time though and am so thankful I was able to go!! I hope to be able to go back some day to see all of my new Hungarian friends!!

Since it's such a pain to post pictures on here and I have SOOO many I'm just going to post the link to my facebook photo album and everyone should be able to look at them pictures that way. Let me know if you have any trouble viewing them!! Thanks for the prayers for our group!! We had a great trip and hopefully planted some seeds for Jesus in the hearts of the people we encountered in Hungary!!!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2107247&id=54602204&l=8ba931dcd8

Photobucket

No comments: