Monday, July 26, 2010

Bye Bye Formula

As of last week, we are officially formula free at the Packer household!! I started transitioning Maddox from formula to whole milk when I got back from Hungary and he did great!! We started our just doing it in a sippy cup and he wasn't super thrilled about it. That made me a little nervous that the transition wasn't going to go well. So, I decided to try half milk and half formula in his bottle and he took that fine. So we did that for a few days and then I made the switch to all milk and he drank it just like it was all formula!! YAY!! Not we are moving one to getting rid of the bottles completely and then we will do the paci!! The bottle is going to be hard because while he only has 3 bottles a day they all fall right before a sleep time!! He is starting to drop the morning nap somedays so the first of the 3 bottles will be the easiest to drop but the other 2 not so much!! Any moms out there that have tips or tricks for this please do share!! I know the sooner we do this the better so I am trying to get a jump on it and would really like to be weened by the time we go to Texas in September but that maybe be too soon I don't know!! As of right now we are just excited to not be spending an are and a leg on formula anymore :D.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Laura Beth and Cliff said...

Check out my blog. I blogged about this twice in the last month or so and got some tips that worked instantly.