Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Road Rage

In my opinion road rage is never really ok but it is especially not ok if it is unwarranted. The reason I bring this up is because in the last few weeks I have been given the finger twice while driving around and both times I didn't do anything wrong to the person doing it to me.

The first time I was on my way to lunch at the Olive Garden after church a couple of Sunday's ago and was following my friend Danielle. We were on a road that merges to one lane for a little while and in front of her was a person going like 10 miles under the speed limit. She wasn't following too close but I was tailing her just to be funny. Once the road went back to two lanes the "slow" person got over so Danielle and I proceeded to pass them and as we did he flicked both of us off. I still don't know why he felt like he needed to give me the finger when I was 2 cars behind him but whatever.

The second time was last night. I was going over to Jennifer's house to do day two of our 30 day shred and was turning right at a green light. There was a whole row of cars turning left from the other side of the street and I guess the first car thought they had a green arrow and not just a green light so they turned left. Well I guess the cars behind them just followed and also didn't realized it wasn't a green arrow and that I had the right away. So when I turned at the same time as someone else they got mad. I looked in my mirror and sure enough they were giving me the finger. I was like really?!?!? You run a light and get mad at me...what is up with that. Once again...whatever!!!

So, let this be a friendly reminder to you that before you decide to get mad at someone when you are driving make sure you aren't actually the one in the wrong :D.

Photobucket

No comments: