Tuesday, May 19, 2009

How big is Maddox and Mommy? - 34 weeks

6 weeks to go!!!! Woo Hoo!!! We gotta get a move on getting things ready!! We have finally started working on the nursery but it is still just a big mess of stuff so no pics yet :D. I did start to wash some of his clothes today and have put the crib together so we are making progress!!

But let's see how big Maddox is this week...


He now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

I can definitely tell he is growing. I can't remember if I mentioned this the other day but I had the worst Round Ligament Pains (RLP) ever on Friday. We had just moved some stuff from the apartment to the house when it started so I was worried that I had maybe hurt myself. I called my mom to ask her advice and she said it sounded like growing pains but that I should call my Dr. just to make sure. So, I called Dr. G's office and the nurse checked with him and he said it definitely sounded like ligament pains but if it got worse I could come in that afternoon. Thankfully it went away that night but man was it painful!!

Now I'm sure you all want to see how much I have grown. So here is my picture from 30 weeks and then my new picture from 34 weeks :D...



Photobucket

3 comments:

alisonthompson said...

wow...34 weeks! we are excited for you guys. moving and getting the house ready will make the time FLY by...oh, and we watched a vhs version of the happiest baby thing, and it did help us! cailyn wasnt colicy (is that how it's spelled?), but she wasn't the quietest baby either. anyway, we learned how to swaddle her up, and it worked wonders. in fact, she is 2 now, and she still likes us to wrap her up when she goes to bed...not because she is crying, but she loves her "blankie" that we have always used. she, of course, gets right out of our "wrap" (which has for sure transformed and is no where near as tight as it was when she was tiny) immediately when we lay her down, but it has become a sort of comfort thing for her. anyway, i hope those ideas in the book and on the dvd help you guys if it's needed. have fun setting up your house!

KIKI said...

Oh dear! He is getting bigger!!! :)

M'chelle said...

Awww How cute are you H! Wish I could see your cute belly and nursery in person. Hope all is well and can't wait to meet the little guy...someday! :)