Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How big is Maddox? - 35 weeks (and some other stuff)

35/35!!! 35 weeks pregnant and 35 days until our due date!! YAY!!! We are getting so close!!! The nursery is pretty much finished...I just need to hang the curtains and then I will post some pictures. I am planning on doing that today so get excited :D.

I had my 35 week appointment today and things are still right on track. Maddox's heartbeat is strong and I am measuring right at 35 weeks. We will now have appointments every week from here on out, which is another sign we are close. Next week I will have my Strep B test which is something that isn't harmful to me but is harmful to the baby at birth. So, if I test positive for it they will just hang an antibiotic before delivery that will take care of it. I will also start having internal exams at that appointment to see if I am dilated at all yet. My next appointment is next Wednesday at 10:15, so I'll let ya know how it goes!!


As far as Maddox goes, he is about the size of a honeydew melon. He doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds. Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

On another note...the house is finally coming together. We have the kitchen pretty much done (just a little more decorating), the living room is kind of done but we are having an entertainment center built, which isn't finished yet so the TV is sitting on the floor at this point, the dining room is kinda a mess right now because the table has become the catch all for stuff that doesn't have a place yet; our bedroom is finished except we have nothing hung on the walls, the guest bedroom is done except I need to hang a mirror, the craft room is done and like I said above the nursery is done except for curtains. I'm hoping Katy (who helped me with the paint colors) will be able to come over soon to help me finish up the decorating because that is about all that is left. Hopefully I will have things finished soon so that I can post pics for you to see. I know you are all waiting on the edge of your seats to see them :D.

Ok sorry this got so long...pics coming soon...I promise :D

Photobucket

No comments: