Thursday, May 7, 2009

Catch up post...

Sorry I have been such a slacker lately. Honestly, I have been so exhausted by the time we have gotten back to our dorm (that's right I said dorm...more on that in a minute) that I haven't felt like blogging. But here it is...my catch up blog for the last few days.

Let's start out with my weekly how big is Maddox update that I usually post on Tuesdays. We are now at 32 weeks...only 8 more to go until our due date :D


By now, Maddox weighs around 3.75 pounds, pick up a large jicama (whatever that is), and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.

I am definitely feeling like a pregnant girl now. Being up here in the warm weather and walking this super hilly (don't know if that's a word?!?) campus has caused my hand and feet to swell which isn't comfortable at all. It also doesn't help to be sleeping on an extremely uncomfortable, twin-sized, hard as a rock bed at 32 weeks but what can ya do?!?! I can definitely tell I am getting bigger. I feel like I've grown a lot even in just the last few days. It's funny because I think pretty much anyone that talks to me out here uses me being pregnant as their conversation starter. I am starting to get the comments like "WOW you look like you're due any day now" and the constant stares of pity as I walk around the Pepperdine campus. For the most part, I am still doing really well but I am definitely getting in to that uncomfortable stage of pregnancy.

On another note, if you haven't pick it up yet, we are now in Malibu at the Pepperdine Lectures. I'll be honest and admit that lectures are NOT my thing. I have a pretty short attention span and sitting in a room and listening to someone speak for an hour is just not my idea of a good time. But Collin LOVES it. The ACU lectures have been one of his favorite times of the year since we started school there in 2002 so I suck it up and follow him around because I know it's important to him. I will say the location is a bit, ok maybe a lot, better here at Pepperdine than at ACU but I am kinda feeling like a small child with my nose pressed against the window of the candy story but not able to go in. Every day I walk out of our dorm room that we are staying at here (not the best accommodations but it was free since Collin is teaching a class) and see the beautiful Pacific coast line and amazing beaches but I just can't go. For one, I don't have anyone to go with (I need to start bringing a friend with me in the future...any takers :D) and two I don't have any way of getting there. We don't have a car out here and the beach is a few miles away so I am stuck here just able to admire what I long for from a distance. Sad I know. LOL. And just an interesting tid-bit about our trip...the dorm we are staying in is really more like a 2 bedroom apartment with living room and a bathroom to share. We met the people who are sharing the "apartment" with us yesterday afternoon and found out that the husband of the couple is actually and OB doctor, sorta ironic with me being pregnant. It kind of gave me a small sense of peace knowing he is the next door over even though I hope I won't be needing his help. LOL. And just in case you were wondering...we haven't had any encounters with the swine flu. I have been conscious to wash my hands frequently and bought a little bottle of hand sanitizer to carry around with me.

At this point, I think I am ready to go back home. It is beautiful here but all the walking, sitting and listening to lectures and meeting tons of new people is exhausting!! Plus, as you know Collin and I have our new house just sitting and wait for us to move in to and I can't wait. I find myself often sitting and picturing how I am going to arrange the furniture in the different rooms. It's a fun thing to look forward to after we get back.

Sorry this is so long. I don't blame you if you don't read all. Please continue to pray for our health and safety as our trip comes to a close in a few days. I look forward to getting back to Colorado and seeing all my friends :D.

Photobucket

No comments: