Friday, November 28, 2008

Birthday, Black Friday and Snow!!!

So as many of you know, today is my 25th birthday. Thanks so much to everyone who sent me facebook messages and text messages!! I had a great day with Collin and his parents, then dinner at my fav P.F. Changs and then a little Guitar Hero with Nat and Whit!! Oh ya and of course a little shopping...which brings me to my second point.

Today is also Black Friday...one of if not the biggest shopping days of the year. I love Black Friday. Every year my mom, sisters, grandma and I all get up bright and early and head out to the shops to do some damage and always have a blast. This year was a little different since Collin and I stayed in Colorado for Thanksgiving. But it was still fun none the less. I got up at 5:30 am and headed to Target with my mother-in-law, Diane, and we had a blast. It was her first time to experience Black Friday so it was fun for me to be able to introduce her to this fun tradition. I got several DVD's at Target all for between $4.00 and $6.00 which is a great deal. I also got my very own turkey roaster for $29.00 for the next time I am in charge of Thanksgiving dinner. I also purchased new bedding for Collin and my bedroom...which I love. I have had my eye on this set since we moved here to Colorado and finally saw that it was on sale and had to get it. Here is a picture of our new and improved bedroom. Anyone who knows me at all knows that I am obsessed with blue and brown so it should be no surprise that those are the colors I chose...



And finally the snow. I have always wanted it to snow on my birthday and with it being in November it's definitely always been possible but it has never happened until now. I didn't think I was going to get my white birthday this year either because up until dinner we hadn't had any and there wasn't any at all in the forecast. But low and behold we come out of Nat and Whits house and there it is...huge flakes coming down like crazy covering the cars and streets. It was so pretty. And it is still coming down like rain comes down in Texas...I love it!! Since it's already dark it was hard to get any pics of it but I gave it a shot and this is what I came up with...

Here is me with the snow...it was dark outside so its kinda hard to see...but I have on my cute new sweater that I got for my birthday from Collin's parents!!



So all in all it was a great day. I mean what else could a girl ask for...it's my birthday, Black Friday, and it's snowing!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Laura Beth and Cliff said...

LOL. I"m glad you had a good birthday. Of course I am also obsessed with brown and blue so it was no suprise to me to see that we now have the same bedding. Our similarites really crack me up some time. Love ya. Oh ya did you see my picks of Aidan's nursery?

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the snow!!! And we just missed it!!! I'm so glad you had a nice dinner and SNOW on your birthday!!! By the way, the room looks great!!
Love,
Diane