Thursday, May 8, 2008

Reality has set in...

I am officially sad to be leaving and I can not believe it is in 3 days. It had not hit me until last night when I had to say good-bye to people for the last time. We went to our last Wednesday night "HIP" service at Southern Hills and then had the Elders pray for us at their meeting after church. I really wasn't expecting that to be sad at all but Ed Greenlee, one of the elders Collin and I have gotten very close to, informed me that that would be the last time I would see him because he was going to be out of town on Sunday. It really took me by surprise because I wasn't prepared to say good-bye. That is when it all kind of hit me.


After the elders meeting, we went over to a couple's house from our Young Married Life bible class to just hang out. Most of our close friends were there and we had a great time. While we were there my closest friend M'chelle wanted us to get a picture together, "our last picture" as she called it. Then she started crying and I'm was doing everything I could to keep those tears from falling. At the end of the night we had to say good-bye to our close friends Kyle and Annie for the last time because they will also be out of town next Sunday (which is our last Sunday at Southern Hills). Man it's just so hard to say good-bye.

It's really strange how quickly this time has come. When you are going through life it seems like everything is going so slow but then when you look back it seems like time has just flown by. I can honestly say that if we had left Abilene a year ago I would not have been sad at all. I didn't have that many close friends (all my friends had moved away when we graduated from undergrad). But Collin and I have made some great friends in the YML class and through the graduate school over the last year. I can not express how much I will miss everyone here in Abilene when we leave. I know people always say they will keep up with friends after they move and then somehow just sort of drift apart, but I honestly believe that we will stay close to and keep in touch with our friends here in Abilene and the ones that have also moved away.


Collin and I are so excited about what is to come next in our life but Abilene and our friends here will always hold a special place in our hearts. (I never thought I would say that about Abilene :D)

Photobucket

1 comment:

M'chelle said...

Oh H...what will I do without you? Sorry I got all sappy on you with the "last picture," but I will truly miss you and the fun times. However thinking about it...I am sure that will not be our last picture...I promise somehow we will have many more to come! I love ya lots! ~ M