Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Swim Lessons

This morning we had our first swim lessons for the kids.  I decided to do privates lessons because I didn't know how the kids would react this first go around.  If you had asked me before we went how I thought it would go I would have put money on Addy doing great and Maddox freaking out.  Boy would I have been wrong.  Addy went first.  She walked into the pool with Miss Kristen fine and about 15 seconds after being in the pool she flipped!  She saw that I wasn't in the pool with her and just screamed.  Then she proceeded to scream the remaining 30 minutes of the lesson.  Hopefully she will do better at her second lesson next week. Her teacher said it just takes some kids a little while to get used to it.   Maddox on the other hand did awesome!  He did everything his teacher asked him to do and was even brave enough to put his goggle covered eyes in the water, which is a HUGE deal for him!!  Hopefully he will be swimming like a fish by the end of his lessons!!  Here's a few pics that capture how each one reacted!

Yesterday we went to pick out goggles.  Maddox picked Batman and Addison picked Dora.

Doing ok walking in...

Starting to flip out a little...

And full blown screaming and reaching for momma.

Putting his face in the water

Kicking

Blowing bubbles







Photobucket

No comments: