Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Surprise Blessing

Yesterday, after swim lessons, the kids and I had a few errands to run.  We found ourselves at Walmart to pick up some groceries and a couple of things for a certain boys birthday on Saturday.  As is fairly common for us, the moment we walk into a grocery store both of my kids flip out and decide its time to act completely out of control.  Addy refused to ride in the cart but of course when I let her walk she would run off or not follow along.  Maddox wanted to push the cart but kept running into things.  Needless to say it was slightly chaotic and I probably wasn't as patient as I should have been.  We finally finished getting everything we needed and were loading up in the car when a lady I didn't know approached me.  She said, you have a really hard job as a mom and you are doing a great job but I saw that you had a tough time in there today today so I wanted to bless you.  Then she said, take this and take your kids to lunch and just enjoy them.  They are only little for so long and it goes by so fast.  She handed me $40 to take my kids to lunch.  Wow!!  I was totally stressed and frustrated and her reminder was exactly what I needed in that moment.  Some days its so easy to enjoy my kids but we all know there are also days when it takes everything you have to just make it to bedtime without going insane.  So thank you to the random stranger who blessed my day yesterday at Walmart and gave me a reminder that I needed.

Photobucket

No comments: