Saturday, June 8, 2013

Inked

So, I have been wanting to get a tattoo for a couple of years now and even went a couple of times to get it but didn't end up doing for different reasons. The first time I was still nursing Addison so they said they wouldn't do it and the second time was in Vegas and it was going to be too expensive. But, 2 weeks ago my friend, Danielle, and I finally went to get it done for reals!  




I knew I wanted white ink and I wanted it on my left wrist. I went back and forth on what to get and finally decided on "grace". It is of course Addison's middle name but I also wanted it as a constant reminder to show grace to others. We went through a time when we were really struggling with people around us not acting in the way I felt Christians should act and I constantly felt God was putting the word grace in my heart. That was when I knew I wanted my tattoo to say grace!   I searched Pinterest and the Internet for the font I wanted and finally found one I loved!!  

I was nervous to get it done because I was afraid of how much it would hurt. It did hurt but not as bad as I expected. Now that it is healed I absolutely love it!!  The font is beautiful and it is discrete enough that if you don't know I have it you probably won't notice it. Actually, the kids haven't even noticed it yet.  I love how it turned out and I love having a constant reminder to show grace to those around me, my kids, my family, my friends, and even strangers!  

Right after it was finished! Super swollen and really red.  Ouch that did not feel good :D
The next morning. Still stung a bit and was a little swollen.

24 hours later.  Swelling has gone down and the sting has subsided.
48 hours later.  Starting to get itchy and has scabbed over. 
10 days later.  Looking pretty much healed.  Still a few red spots and still peeling a little but doesn't hurt or itch any more.
14 days later.  Love it!

Photobucket

No comments: