Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy Birthday!!

My latest craft is a fabulous family birthday board that I found on, where else, pinterest. It has the 4 of us on there, my parents, sibs and grandparents and Collin's parents, brother, sister-in-law, and grandma. I think it turned out so cute and now resides in our living room as a reminder of everyone's birthdays!!


If you are interested in how I made it here you go...

Supplies:
large board
12 - 1 3/4 in wooden circles (or any shape you choose)
1 1/2 in wooden circles (however many people's b-day you want on it)
paint
fishing line
white vinyl
white paint pen
hot glue
picture frame hanger

Paint your board and circles in the colors of your choosing.  Then write with the paint pen the month or as I did the first letter of each month on the larger circles and the person's name and day of their birthday on the smaller circles.  Then you can paint birthdays on the board but I cut it out of vinyl on my circuit so that it would look better.  Then I hot glued the smaller circles on to fishing line and then glued each row on to the back of the board under its appropriate month.  I hammered in a picture frame hanger to the back of the board and hung it on the wall!!  Simple as that and so very very cute!!  Happy Crafting!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany said...

Thank you for doing this tutorial! I was looking at other versions on pinterest and couldn't find a supply list and directions! I appreciate you posting this!