Tuesday, July 5, 2011

2 Year Stats

I realized that I never posted about Maddox's 2 year check up!!  My sweet buddy now weighs 29 pounds which is in the 65th percentile and is 3 feet tall which is in the 90th percentile!  He is finally getting taller and slimming down!!  At his appointment this time they showed him several pictures that he had to identify to check is developmental progress and he got them all right!!  Smart little buddy!!  We also did another autism assessment which he scored perfectly one, which I am so thankful for.  He had to get one shot this time and it was SOOOO sad.  He was not expecting it at all and was so sad when she stuck him.  Thankfully, a prize from the treasure chest and a sticker helped in the recovery process.  Once he calmed down and he realized got a band-aide too and was super proud of it.   He was showing everyone!!

I am so thankful that he checked out healthy and on track developmentally!!  We don't go back until next year for his 3 year appointment and they recommend he have his first dental appointment then too.

Next up on the agenda in the world of Maddox is potty training.  I am really nervous about this and feel a little overwhelmed about the task.  I know everyone has to do it and we will get it done but I am just not really sure where to even start.  I am reading On Becoming Pottywise as a starting point but would greatly welcome any resources or advice from fellow mommies who read my blog!!  Thanks in advance!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Deep South Sweets said...

Holly,

I really liked the 3-day method:
http://www.3daypottytraining.com/
It was written by a mother of boys and it helps the child learn to tell you when they need to go rather than you having to constantly take them at certain times. It worked for Belle extremely well! I think at the end of the day positive reinforcement without any type of punishing helps potty training be a positive experience.

Email if you have any questions: rreiboldt@gmail.com

Rachel (Chamblee) Reiboldt