Monday, August 9, 2010

What's been going on...

Not much has been happening here at the Packer house lately. But I thought I would go ahead and post about a few minor things that are happening!!

One thing new is that Maddox has finally learned how to drink out of a straw. This is a fairly difficult thing to teach but I got him a sippy cup that helped him learn and now he is a pro at it. He thinks he is super cool when he gets to drink out of mommy's big cup :D.

Maddox is still not walking yet but I think we are getting closer. He is getting much better at walking while holding our hands but just won't do it on his own. Of course when the big day gets here I will let you all know :D.

He is a funny little boy these days. He says "Hi" and "Bye Bye" and likes to wave at EVERYONE!!! On a not so fabulous not he has started throwing some serious temper tantrums!! Not my favorite thing!!! Anytime he wants something that I won't give to him he totally melts down and just screams at me. Not fun!! I try to just ignore him like I have been told so hopefully that will help us move past this quickly!!

On an un-Maddox related note, I have decided to drop of the marathon training endeavor. I have found that it will just be too difficult to work in the time for both Collin and I to train while having Maddox too. I had to skip 2 days of my training program this past week and we are only in the beginning shorter runs so I can only imagine how it will be trying to fit in the longer runs the further into the program we get. Collin is still going to train and run it in December and I know he will do great but it just isn't going to work for me. I still plan on running to get/stay in shape but just not the crazy amount required to run a marathon.

So, I guess that's about it for us right now. Not much exciting but I kinda like it like that. :D

Photobucket

No comments: