Thursday, January 26, 2012

Basement Update

We are officially a week into construction on our basement.  Things have been quite loud the past week as they have been framing.  Thankfully, the kids have still napped pretty well despite the table saw, hammering, and nail gun going off all day long!  This has made me super thankful for their slightly noisy humidifiers that always run in their rooms that drown out the noise!

They guys finished up the framing today which makes it a lot easier for us to get a feel for the space.  We are now able to see where all the walls will be and how high the ceilings are.  Next week they will work on the rough plumbing and electrical stuff.

This past week Collin, Maddox, Addison, and I went to Home Depot to pick out several things like plumbing hardware, vanities, light fixtures, and tile.  It was quite the trip.  Both kids were crying and we had NO idea what we were looking for.  Somehow we managed to get it all selected and what we didn't get done I was able to select and order online.

After a week of it all I think the only annoying thing is not having my washer and dryer.  It is quite the pain to load all of our dirty clothes up and take them somewhere to wash them.  I have found through this that we do not have a single laundromat in Highlands Ranch or anywhere relatively close for that matter.  So that leaves me with 2 options, the church or a friends house.  The hard things is that each load takes so long so when you have more than one load to do it leaves a lot of time with nothing to do.  I now realize how convenient it is to have a washer and dryer at my house and can't wait to have ours back!!

Below are a few pictures of the progress.  The first set is from before they started last Tuesday and the second set is from this afternoon after they finished framing.  I'm looking forward to watching the transition take place!


Photobucket

No comments: