Friday, September 24, 2010

Howdy from Texas!!

I haven't blogged much the past few days because we have been enjoying some time in Texas with our families!! We flew out here last Thursday and spent a few days in Dallas then drove out to Abilene for ACU Summit on Sunday afternoon. I will admit that Summit is not really my favorite thing but Collin loves it so we go every year for him and so I can see one of my favorite people in the whole world!!

My dear friend, M, took Monday off so that we could hang out and catch up. I got to meet her sweet baby boy, Jackson, for the first time and he is a doll!! Him and Maddox got to play while we talked and hung out like old times!! I love it when I get to see her because I miss her so much now that we live so far away!! I'm glad that we can always pick up right where we left off like we see each other on a regular basis. Those are the best kinds of friends!! Love ya lots M and am so glad we got to spend the day together.

Diane, Maddox and I came back to Dallas on Wednesday morning and Collin and his dad came back that evening. Collin, Maddox and I had family pictures taken on Thursday morning so I wanted to get back in time to get ready for those and to get a good nights sleep. Erin Woolsey, a friend from college who is a photographer took them for us. She is the one who took Collin and my pictures in Abilene right before we moved. She does an amazing job and I can't wait to see what she got for us. I will post those when I get them in a few weeks.

Collin is at a retreat right now with several other young ministers right now so I am just spending time hanging out with family. He will get home tomorrow and then will head back to Colorado on Sunday. Maddox and I, however, will be hanging around a bit longer. We will actually be heading off to the white sandy beaches of Marco Island, FL with my mom and sisters next Wednesday!! I can't wait!! I may live in the mountains but I am definitely a beach girl at heart!!

Unfortunately I haven't taken many pictures thus far but I will be sure to take lots when we go to Florida!! I also forgot my connector to transfer my pics from the camera to my computer so even the ones I have taken I can't get off to post. So I will have to do a picture post when I get back home!!

We are having a fun time but I think I will be ready to be home and back in our daily routine by the time my trip is over!! Many of you know it is much more difficult to travel once the kiddos start coming along. But it is still great to be here none the less. I do love coming to Texas, but all of my Colorado friends will be happy to hear that I do miss my life there while we are away!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Danielle Davis said...

I knew you missed us and liked us here!! Ha! Cant wait to see you and M!