Saturday, August 8, 2009

What's New...

So I have been a blog slacker lately and I apologize for that. Here is a quick update on what has been going on around here.

We are loving watching Maddox grow. It seems like he is getting bigger by the day. I think the most fun thing he is doing now is that he has started smiling at us. It's awesome to have your baby start responding to you in that way. I haven't cought a good picture of his smile yet but it is super cute...I will post one when I get it!! He is also starting to find his voice. He is cooing and ahhing which is super cute as well. He is starting to get interested in his toys and the mobile on his swing too. He LOVES his swing. He takes a nap in there almost if not every day. But before he falls asleep he usually stares at his mobile and listens to the babbling brook sound, which he loves as well. He is a fan of his paci but still has a hard time keeping it in his mouth sometimes. He is still not sleeping great at night but we are getting there. I think it's getting close to time to move him into his own room but I'm just not 100% ready for that. Last night someone suggested to me to book called "On Becoming Baby Wise" which is supposedly about getting babies to sleep. She said it worked great for them so I will definitely be checking that out very soon!!

On a non-Maddox related note...I have decided to start reading the Twilight series. It has been suggested to me on SEVERAL occasions but I have been putting it off for some reason. So Ill let ya know how I like it :D.

Coming up for us...I have my 6 week postpartum doctor's appointment on Monday. Hopefully I get a clean bill of health so I can start working out...I have about 10 more lbs. to get back to my pre-preggers weight but am wanting to lose about 15 lbs total :D. We are also super excited because this coming Friday Clark and Lara (Collin's brother and his wife) are coming to visit us for the first time. They haven't gotten to meet Maddox so it will be fun to have them here and for them to get to see him. And then the next big thing is probably our trip to Texas. We will be going back mainly for ACU Lectureship but will stay a few days on both ends in Dallas to see our families. It will be Maddox's first trip to Texas so that will be fun. His grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts and uncle are all super excited to see him again because they haven't seen him since he was born. That will be a really fun trip and we are definitely looking forward to it.

So, that's the update. There isn't a lot else going on with us. I'll try to get some new pics taken and posted soon so you can all see how my little man is growing :D


Photobucket

4 comments:

Michelle said...

jenn and i both HIGHLY recommend Babywise, and benton and clara are both babywise babies from the beginning...and started sleeping through the night at around 2 months! still at age 2, clara asks to go down for a nap, and it's great for everyone.

some of the ideas in the book are a bit much for some people, but don't give up and read the entire book. i love the idea of family-centered parenting (versus child-centered parenting), the eat/play/sleep schedule, putting them to bed awake (huge one!) and lots more. there was some that we thought was a little over-the-top, but on whole, i recommend it 100%!

it also helps if colin reads it too, or at least fill him in on everything so it's a team effort.

good luck!

Ashley said...

I have ready baby wise too & love it! I obviously haven't used it with a baby yet, but my sister-in-law did & all three of her boys were SUCH good sleepers!
Good luck! :) & we need to new pictures of the little guy!

Laura Beth and Cliff said...

YESSSSS for Twilight!!! I can't wait to talk to you about it. I'm obsessed!!! I'm about to read them again with my friend Ryla..

Lelo and Stitch said...

Yay for trips to Texas. We just got back to Colorado and miss it already.