Thursday, December 20, 2012

This Past Month

So I've done it again and gone an entire month without posting.  Whoops.  SO here goes my catch up post...

I last posted just before Thanksgiving.  We spent Wednesday evening before Thanksgiving with The Davis family like we have for the past several years.  We were planning on spending Thanksgiving day in the mountains with the Rogers but I unfortunately caught a stomach bug so we ended up spending the day at home just the 4 of us. But a few days after Thanksgiving we got the Christmas decorations out which is always fun!



The kids got their ornaments for this year.  Maddox got a baseball and Addison got a Minnie Mouse ornament.

Maddox helped me decorate the tree and was so proud of the completed product!
******************************************************

The week after Thanksgiving I celebrated my 29th birthday.  I had an uneventful day with the kids and then Collin and I met some of our best friends for dinner at my favorite place PF Change!!  I so thankful for sweet friends to celebrate with.

******************************************************

December has already been a busy month and we are only half way through!!  We had our Christmas FX and Frosty Themed Dinner with Santa (which I was in charge of organizing) at church on Dec 2.  We had an amazing turnout and felt like a really successful evening.  Collin and I were both a part of FX and then we got to enjoy the rest of the evening with our kids!!

Ready for FX Live to start!

Sissy did not care for Santa this year :D
 *****************************************************

We all boarded a plane on Dec 6 and headed to Texas for several fun events.  On Sunday, Kent, Anne-Marie, Collin and I ran in the Dallas Marathon.  Kent, Anne-Marie and I ran the 1/2 and Collin ran the full.  The weather was not great, it was hot and humid but we all finished and are super proud of our accomplishments!!
Waiting for the race to start...so early in the morning.


So many people running!

Here we go...about to cross the starting line.

The Trinity Bridge.

Running over the bridge!
Excited to see the family cheering us on!!

We can see the finish line...

And we made it!!


Collin finished too!!

Excited to have our kiddos there to cheer us on!

We did it!!!
We spent the rest of the week hanging out with our families!  On Thursday evening we went to my sister, Morgan's, pinning as part of her Nursing school graduation!!  Then on Friday evening we got to watch her graduate!! I am so proud of my baby sister and can't wait to see all the exciting things she gets to do as an RN!!

Accepting her award!!





On Friday morning before graduation we had Christmas with my family since we will be in Colorado this year for Christmas day.  We made the full blown Christmas lunch and opened presents!!  It was a great morning!














On Saturday we took the kids to see the Trains at Northpark Mall.  I think they enjoyed it!!





We went to church and lunch with our family on Sunday and then headed home on Monday morning.  As always, we had a blast hanging out with our family!!  We miss them a lot but are thankful we get several opportunities a year to see them!

******************************************************

We have been back in Denver for 3 days now and have gotten all the christmas presents bought and wrapped, hung out with friends, and had several inches of snow which we enjoyed playing in today!





***********************************************************

Now we are waiting for Collin's family to get here to spend Christmas with us.  They are driving in tomorrow.  We are looking forward to spending the next several days with them celebrating Christmas!!

***********************************************************

So kudos to you if you stuck around for this entirely too long of a post.  I always say I'm going to do better next time but let be honest this will probably happen again at some point!!  Oh well, such is life with 2 small kids!

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!!

Photobucket

No comments: