Thursday, December 27, 2012

Sick...again

Well germs have been traveling around our house yet again. The Friday morning before Christmas Maddox woke up wheezing and croupy so I gave him a dose of steroids and that seemed to help him. However, on Saturday he woke up at around 11 pm coughing and congested and crawled in bed with us. Sunday morning he was not feeling good at all. We went to church but I ended up taking him home just after service started because he was feeling so crummy. He ate a little an then fell asleep laying on my chest. He napped for a good 3 hours but still wasn't feeling great. We had planned on all going to eat fondue that night but called in a last minute babysitter (thanks D) to keep the kids since he still wasn't any better. He thankfully woke up on Christmas Eve feeling and looking much better and was able to enjoy all the Christmas festivities that followed! He still has a lingering cough but that's normal for him with croup.

Now just 2 days after he has recovered sissy is running fever and coughing non-stop. She hasn't sounded croupy at all but her cough is pretty yucky. I went ahead and tried putting the Vicks vapor rub on her feet but it doesn't seem to be helping much. I really just hope she can get a good nights sleep and wake up feeling better in the morning!!

I hate having sick babies. They are just so pitiful and I feel so helpless. I love the extra cuddles but I want my sweet baby girl feeling better!!

No comments: