Thursday, July 5, 2012

My BIG 3 Year Old!!

I can't believe my first born baby boy of 3!!  It is so hard to believe so much time has already gone by.  I heard a quote the other day that said "The days drag on, but the years fly by" and I feel like that perfectly sums things up for me right now.  We are definitely at a trying time of life but at the same there are so many precious moments that I don't want to miss.

Maddox is such a funny kid.  His personality has really come out and he says some of the most hilarious things.  I love that he is so verbal now and find it so cute when he pronounces things incorrectly.  A few of my favorites are instead of saying my fingers are wrinkly after getting out of the pool or bath he says "my fingers are all frinkely", he says baf instead of bath and Doc Popper for Dr. Pepper.  He also says some of the sweetest things too.  He always tells me "I like your dress" to me and "I love you to the moon and back and _______ " fill in the blank with something a kid would love usually cupcakes, ice cream or popsicles around here :D.  It is so precious!

We went to his 3 year doctors appointment on Monday and he is a healthy growing boy.  He weighs 33.5 lbs and is 38 1/8 inches tall.  Both are in the 70th percentile.  Thankfully, he didn't have to get any shots at this appointment.

He had still been sleeping with his paci up until this point but I had been telling him before his birthday that after he turned 3 he would be a big boy and that we would done with paci.  He obviously did not understand that because when I actually took it away on Sunday afternoon for nap he was NOT thrilled.  It was really sad for this momma to see her buddy so sad but I knew it was time.  Our beloved paci has been with us from the beginning so it was hard to part with. He had a tough time going to sleep for nap that day but did really well that evening at bed time.  The next day nap was just as hard and he just cried and kept saying "I really want my paci" He eventually fell asleep though.  Now here we are a few days later and he hasn't even been asking for it!!  I so thankful he has dealt with big transitions like this so easily!

His actually birthday was last Friday and we let him pick what we did for the day.  He pick donuts for breakfast, which I of course put candles in!  We were planning on getting him a real set of golf clubs for his gift but after taking him to the PGA Store and seeing him not super excited about them we decided to wait and just took him to Toys R Us to pick out a gift.  He ended up deciding on an art easel with a chalk board on one side and dry erase board on the other.  After naps he chose to go play at the pool for a while.  We then grilled hamburgers at our friends, the Rogers', house.  It was a fun day celebrating our little buddy.  







His party was planned for the next day but I will dedicate an entire post to that :D.
Photobucket

No comments: