Monday, March 31, 2008

Talk about a bad day...

So, it all started on Friday afternoon when Collin calls me and the first thing out of his mouth is "I have some bad news." He then proceeds to tell me that he had gotten into a car accident (no one was hurt, thankfully) and it was his fault. Then he tells me that not only did he get in a wreck but he also got a ticket for it, which I think is so stupid. I mean come on, isn't it bad enough that your car is messed up and your insurance is going to go up? Why do they have to throw a ticket on top of that? It gets worse from here.

Later that day as I am on the treadmill at the gym Collin calls me again to inform me that he has just gotten the estimate for getting his car fixed and it is going to be about $1,200 to get a new bumper. The bad thing about this is our insurance deductible is $1,000, so we will be paying for most of it.

Then the icing on the cake. Later that night we run to Taco Bell and as Collin is about to pay he open his wallet only to find that his credit card is not there. He thinks back in his mind to when he last used it and remembers that he used it at Petsmart where Toby had gotten groomed earlier that day. He remembered that he didn't put the card back in his wallet after paying because he was holding Toby. At this point we can only hope that it is somewhere at home. No such luck. We we arrive back at home we quickly look around for it but with no success. Moments later we notice we have a message on our answering machine. We push play to learn that it is from Citi early fraud protection. :( Immediately, I call them back and they ask me if I was currently buying a 3D digital entertainment system, which I was NOT. They then asked me if I had been to Top Nails earlier that day, which I had NOT. So the lady on the phone informs me that she is going to cancel my credit card account immediately and they will send us new cards the next day. What a pain!!

So, a wreck, a ticket, $1,200 on a bumper, and credit card fraud. I'd say that qualifies as a bad day.

Oh well, I guess it could be a lot worse. Thank God that no one was hurt in the wreck, we have the means to pay for the ticket and bumper and we are not responsible for the purchases made on our credit card by someone else.

1 comment:

Collin Packer said...

Wow! Your poor husband had a tough day. Luckily he has a wife like you who is financially secure enough to help him out. He should really thank you for that.