Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Break In

Last Monday morning Collin left for work only to find my car had been broken into during the night.  They driver side window had been busted out and things had apparently been rummaged through.  From what we could tell nothing had been stolen as I don't leaving anything in my car that is worth any significant amount of money.  Collin was thankfully about to stay home and talk with the police and get things cleaned up a little bit while I took Maddox to school and went to a meeting I had.  He checked around a lot of places to find someone who could fix the window quickly because we we supposed to leave Thursday to drive to Texas.  Luckily, he found a place that was great and had the window and door frame fixed and ready to go by Wednesday night!  We were able to file the damage with our insurance company but of course had to pay our deductible before they covered anything.  What a big fat mess!


It wasn't until Wednesday afternoon, after I picked up my car, that I realized the one thing that was stolen.  My beloved Toms sunglasses.  I had gotten them for Christmas this past year and they were my favorite sunglasses to date.  They are so comfortable!  Sadness.  I am hoping we can get reimbursed for them, so I can buy a new pair, from our insurance since we have paid the entire deductible!  


I just hate that people find themselves in places where they feel like stealing from others is their only option.  It's so selfish and sad for everyone involved.  Oh well though.  There is nothing I can do about it now but let this be a lesson to not leave anything valuable in your car because you just never know when you will be the victim.
Photobucket

No comments: